With the help of this post, I've successfully installed iCloud on my Windows XP machine. Here's how.
With the help of this post, I’ve successfully installed iCloud on my Windows XP machine. Here’s how.
I’m including instructions on how to do this yourself. However, if you’d rather just skip straight to the install, I’m including both the altered iCloud.msi and iCloud64.msi files for download at the bottom of this post.
- Download all programs. Install 7-Zip and Orca MSI Editor. Don’t install iCloud just yet.
- Using 7-Zip, extract the file contents of iCloudSetup.exe You should see a file called “iCloud.msi” and one called “iCloud64.msi”, among many others.
- Using Orca MSI Editor, open either iCloud.msi (iCloud64.msi).
- In the editor window, you’ll see LaunchCondition in the left-hand column. Right now, it says “VersionNT = 600”. You want it to read “VersionNT = 200”. Make that change, and then save the file.
- Now, when you open iCloud.msi (or iCloud64.msi), you should be able to complete the install! If you need instructions, they’re on the Apple website.
Want to skip all the hacking and editing? Click below to download the files.