- 3-Ib. eating pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 in. ginger root, grated
- 1 dried ancho chilli, chopped ½ tsp. ground coriander ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 4 T. olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lime
- 4 slices chevre
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped finely
- Black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. Add first 8 ingredients to an ovenproof dish. Mix well. Bake for 60 min. Add pumpkin mix and vegetable stock to a big saucepan.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk until incorporated. Cook on medium high for 5 more min. If the soup looks thick, add a few T. of water to thin it out or use a stick blender to smooth it.
Ladle into 4 bowls. Juice the lime and divide between bowls. Top soup with 1 slice of chevre and chopped cilantro. Serve with crusty bread.